Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Apple's Real Worry Isn't the Loss of IE

Re: Apple's Real Worry Isn't the Loss of IE
Posted by: Alex Salkever 2003-06-18 13:05:38
See Full Story

Who would have expected the strange six-year marriage between the stylish David of the PC universe and the lumbering, unstoppable Goliath to last so long? That relationship may yet endure, but it has become fairly frayed. On June 12th, Microsoft's Macintosh Business Unit announced that it would cease development of the Internet Explorer Web browser for the Apple platform. So is this the end? No way, Chicken Littles. At least, not yet. Here's the real skinny -- and why the true problem isn't the browser issue at all.

Re: Apple's Real Worry Isn't the Loss of IE
Posted by: jorgequinonez 2003-06-20 19:44:05 In reply to: Alex Salkever
I don't think Apple has very much to worried about. When and if it happens, they'll have an Office clone out using Keynote and whatever else they come up with which'll be Office compatible. As well, OpenOffice 1.1, 1.X, 2.0, or whatever they have out at the time will have been ported over to OS X (as Aqua application).
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.