Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Anti-Spam Bill Gains Support

Re: Anti-Spam Bill Gains Support
Posted by: Keith Regan 2003-04-11 16:14:37
See Full Story

The latest effort to reduce unwanted commercial clutter in consumers' e-mail inboxes has reached the U.S. Senate, bolstered by strong support from several high-profile online companies. The bill would require commercial e-mail senders to include an opt-out address in every message and would levy a fine of $10 for each message sent after a consumer has asked to be removed from a list.

Re: Anti-Spam Bill => Will never work... MUST punish advertisers
Posted by: bratandpest 2003-04-12 12:55:00 In reply to: Keith Regan
I am sorry but spammers are NOT the problem.
The problem is the unscrupulous advertisers!
The fastest way to get rid of spam is to allow an ISP to block the domain name and IP address of a business that violates anti-spam regulations.
Businesses won't want to risk losing all their existing customers... Thus they won't be funding spammers and they will go out of business

Posted by: bit-o-data 2003-04-11 16:15:43 In reply to: Keith Regan
Then they take your email address off of the do not send list and sell it to 100 other compaies. How Stupid can this Bill Get!

Posted by: Ryan-S 2003-04-13 23:05:05 In reply to: bit-o-data
Really..what a stupid bill, the internet is based on communication, there will ALWAYS be ways to spam.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads