Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The 7 Deadly Sins of Online Selling

Re: The 7 Deadly Sins of Online Selling
Posted by: Brad Hill 2003-02-25 11:44:48
See Full Story

The e-commerce sector's recent successes are staggering. Combined sales of Amazon and eBay totaled US$19 billion in 2002, according to Forrester Research, and robust fourth-quarter numbers bucked the lackluster offline trend. But the path to those lofty results was paved with the failures of countless dot-coms and brick-and-click firms whose initial online endeavors were unsteady and fraught with errors. What are the mistakes -- the big ones -- that repeatedly have torpedoed companies online?

Posted by: magnum 2003-04-28 21:25:39 In reply to: Brad Hill
Article is written by Helen Chan, who in my opinion has demonstrated many times certain incompetence. She offers advice which doesn't pan out to be useful. I know, hindsight is 20/20, but I don't trust H Chan to provide any useful advice.

Posted by: StephenW 2003-02-25 20:35:55 In reply to: Brad Hill
>"Much of the cost of e-commerce is tied up in
>handling, packing and shipping," IDC research
>manager Jonathan Gaw told the E-Commerce
>Times. "That's where Amazon has it over
>everybody. Everything is automated, and [their]
>cost of handling is lower than everybody
>[else's]."
Their cost of handling may be the lowest around, but they are still over 2 billion dollars in debt.
That hardly makes them a company worthy of emulation.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads