Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Is High-Tech Fever Gone Forever?

Re: Is High-Tech Fever Gone Forever?
Posted by: Bob Woods 2003-01-03 13:19:02
See Full Story

As 2003 dawns, several signs indicate that the U.S. economy is starting to improve. With those welcome tidings in mind, some workers in the e-commerce sector may be hoping for a reprise of the late 1990s, when jobs were plentiful, stock options were actually worth something, and the general high-tech atmosphere was highly caffeinated. Are those hopes realistic, or is the mania that fueled the Internet boom gone for good?

Posted by: jmiotke 2003-01-07 19:36:05 In reply to: Bob Woods
I sincerely doubt high-tech fever is gone forever. In the late 1990s, Nicole Vanderbilt of Jupiter Communications projected online sales to be near $37.5 billion. In the article that this thread was derived from, it states that online sales will probably be closer to $75 billion. That means that with negative growth, the industry progressed at twice the projection from the prior periods' estimation. We have truly only seen the tip of the iceberg. With every great empire, there comes its fall. Those left standing retool, and redouble their efforts, and, thankfully, history repeats itself. We have yet to see the big bang ;^)

Opinions wanted for ecommerce retail cart sites. I'm new to this!
Posted by: michelegarris 2003-01-07 10:36:49 In reply to: Bob Woods
Hi everyone, I need some help and don't know where to start. Hope this is appropriate. I am a home-based business, just starting out, selling gift baskets and candles, etc. online only. I will have about 40 products to offer online. I don't have a website yet and am looking at the various monthly retail cart/ecommerce hosting packages available such as "Monstercommerce" and "Shoppingcartsplus". I have hardly any budget to work with (personal funds) and need website builder software included in my package. Any ideas? Any comments on the sites I listed? Any info is much appreciated.
Thanks!

Re: Opinions wanted for ecommerce retail cart sites. I'm new to this!
Posted by: bazarbit 2018-03-06 02:25:28 In reply to: michelegarris
BazarBit is the most customizable eCommerce platform for building your online business. Developed using the latest technology, all our themes are extremely responsive and optimized for viewing on any device. With our online store builder, you can easily change your website’s UI to turn it into the website of your dreams.

Posted by: Jim Pflaum 2003-01-06 15:04:26 In reply to: Bob Woods
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any evidence whatsoever that the electronic industry's recovery could possibly start anytime during 2003.
At the moment, the only bright spot I see emerging in the industry is a slight up-tick in its own capital spending, most of which will be spent on the industry's switchover to its new 90nm manufacturing process. While some analysts seem to think the demand for digital wireless products and high performance ICs will also give the industry's sagging sales a boost sometime this year, I disagree and don't think that the market demand for these particular product categories is strong enough right now to ignite a turnaround, at least not anytime before next year.
On a more positive note, I think that the industry will stage a moderately strong recovery in early 2004. Your readers might think I'm a bit wacko, but I seriously believe this recovery will be sparked by a resurgence in the demand for Internet-related products and services, which will be preceded by a flow of positive earnings reports from the Net's retail sector and then by a number of Net's B-to-B service companies. Time will tell. Jim Pflaum - Raleigh, NC
Jump to: