ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Secrets of the SAN

Re: Secrets of the SAN
Posted by: James Hollander 2002-12-23 12:52:29
See Full Story

As corporate data accumulates at an exponential rate, the work of millions of employees, produced on computers keystroke by keystroke, has produced a virtual monster of a problem. The growing heap of computer files, which includes companies' most sensitive data, can no longer be ignored, leading to a daunting question: Where in the world can enterprises store data when ordinary hard drives and conventional backup devices start bursting at their seams?

Re: Secrets of the SAN
Posted by: mklatman 2002-12-25 13:24:11 In reply to: James Hollander
Math tends to get challenging when storage capacities are growing from megabytes to terabytes and prices are plunging. The prices in this article, by my calculation, are off by two orders of magnitude. These NAS servers are priced under a penny a megabyte, not 90 cents or more as the story suggests. It was not all that long ago when a dollar a megabyte was a pretty good price.
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.