Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Secret of Logitech's Success

Re: The Secret of Logitech's Success
Posted by: Lisa Gill 2002-10-14 20:05:51
See Full Story

In a sea of drowning tech companies, Logitech's is an unlikely story -- one of profit, promise and seemingly unlimited potential. The peripherals maker has homed in on a market where the sky is the limit at a price point that defies recessionary pressures. How has the company been so successful in an incredibly tough economy? "You probably don't need the next Pentium chip. But to make the [user] experience easier to use or more convenient and to get rid of a clunky cord, people will spend $50," Logitech chief financial officer Kristen Onken told the E-Commerce Times.

Re: The Secret of Logitech's Success
Posted by: cjbart 2002-10-15 13:35:03 In reply to: Lisa Gill
This article disappointed me. Logitech is controversial because they suppress insider trading information. Do a search on LOGI on Yahoo financial if you'd like to check. If Lisa Gill had wanted to do a real reporter's job instead of rehashing a press release, she would have called up the CEO and pressed him for an answer on this point. How about it Lisa? Willing to do a follow-up that covers this all-important point? Until someone does, this investor is waiting on the sidelines.
Jump to:
What is your opinion of technology's place in the world?
Technology could be used to solve most of the world's problems if properly applied.
Technology creates more problems than it solves.
Some technologies are inherently good, and some are inherently evil.
I accept technology's risks in order to enjoy its benefits.
I'd like to go back in time to an era when technology was far less prevalent.
I'd like to go forward in time to a more technologically advanced era.