Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: E-Commerce Comings and Goings

Re: E-Commerce Comings and Goings
Posted by: Keith Regan 2002-09-11 14:02:17
See Full Story

For a while, dot-com death watches were all the rage. Then even those got a bit stale. Now, the shakeout is in neutral, still gliding downhill but at a much slower rate than the breakneck pace it kept throughout 2001. And something else is different about the shakeout in 2002. It seems that just as many new companies are inching into the e-commerce space as are leaving. And these newcomers are not just brick-and-mortar companies trying to jump on the bandwagon, but real, live e-commerce concerns.

Re: E-Commerce Comings and Goings
Posted by: lewis 2002-09-11 14:20:32 In reply to: Keith Regan
Finally those motivated by greed and only greed are nearly extricated from the online world. Good riddance! They gave the rest of us a bad name. Now the real entrepreneurs can start making their mark. The Internet is simply another media, simply an additional conduit for information and distribution. Why anyone treated it or considered it immune to the principles of Business 101 is beyond me. I didn't buy into it in 1998 and 1999, and I'm glad to see the rhetoric replaced by sensibility and solid business strategy.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in