Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: E-Tail Customer Service: Finally Working?

Re: E-Tail Customer Service: Finally Working?
Posted by: Lou Hirsh 2002-09-10 08:55:21
See Full Story

E-tailers have come to the costly understanding that providing a general e-mail address on
a Web site is no way to handle customer queries. Gartner analyst Adam Sarner told the
E-Commerce Times that companies are turning to high-tech e-mail management tools and
shifting strategies in a bid to curb instances of neglect. However, many recently touted
service technologies, such as chat and instant messaging, remain too expensive and
cumbersome for most companies to deploy effectively on a mass scale.

Posted by: NickCrader 2002-09-11 10:10:02 In reply to: Lou Hirsh
Agree. Where I work we use some tools which allow instant notifications to an agent device, so that if a customer has an interest in buying, the customer's click will trigger an SMS message or a phone call to the appropriate agent.
Nick.

Posted by: dodo1 2003-02-14 05:01:54 In reply to: NickCrader
Where do u work, Nick? What are the tools you are using? Can you give me some ideas on that? I work for an e-commerce company and we are looking for new tools on customer management.
Your suggestions will be welcome.
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.