Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Bare-Bones E-Commerce Versus Bells and Whistles

Re: Bare-Bones E-Commerce Versus Bells and Whistles
Posted by: Elizabeth Millard 2002-07-18 13:54:03
See Full Story

A little over a year ago, PricewaterhouseCoopers released a study on e-tailers. The study
found that most of the features being added to Web sites did little to turn visitors into
buyers. But a year is a long stretch in Internet time. Since the study was published, have
e-tailers put into practice what seemed to be lacking? According to analysts and usability
experts, the answer is yes. Online retailers finally seem to be learning that a bare-bones
approach tends to attract more customers than one that favors bells and whistles.

Posted by: sebahof 2002-07-19 10:22:50 In reply to: Elizabeth Millard
¿Does anybody know any "tips" to have in mind in the moment of building an e-commerce site?
¿What companies could help to build it as the article said?

Posted by: bitmonkey 2002-07-23 08:58:50 In reply to: sebahof
You want tips? There are lots of great websites and books on the subject. (1) Check out http://www.useit.com/. (2) Go to Amazon.com and search for "usability." Look for Steve Krug's "Don't Make Me Think," most books by Jakob Nielsen, and "Information Architecture for the World Wide Web" by Rosenfeld & Morville are all excellent.

Posted by: kathleen.mccahill 2002-07-18 14:09:31 In reply to: Elizabeth Millard
good article.
most innovative and constantly improved site:
apple.com
(i don't buy their products, but i enjoy perusing
their site and offerings).
Jump to: