Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: AOL Rolls Out 10 New E-Commerce Partnerships

Re: AOL Rolls Out 10 New E-Commerce Partnerships
Posted by: Keith Regan 2002-06-24 13:40:28
See Full Story

Looking to give their small business e-commerce services a boost, America
Online and PurchasePro unveiled 10 new services Wednesday through a host
of strategic partners.

The deals, aimed at beefing up the offerings that AOL extends to small
and medium businesses through its Netscape Netbusiness division, include
alliances with Homestore.com, Hewlett-Packard and others. AOL linked with
Las Vegas, Nevada-based PurchasePro last fall.

Re: AOL Rolls Out 10 New E-Commerce Partnerships
Posted by: jeansuttle1 2002-07-03 13:26:23 In reply to: Keith Regan
AOL has a good service, but has become so big it has poor customer satisfaction. When using the free discs they send out as a pertner in your business, with your name on them, they give poor customer service.
I have talked to their customers all over the country, we sign up using a so called free disc, but when we try to cancel, they say they will give us another free month or two. But what they don't tell you is that now you are on a limited price plan, and will be billed for extra minutes.
In my case I was billed for more than double what the unlimited plan would have cost me if I had it. Then when trying to straighten it out with the billing department supervisor, Andie, she was unwilling to see that there could be any kind of compromise since I did not choose this option. She was rude and insulting.
Choosing to have your name associated with this kind of customer service is not a good idea.
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.