Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: New York Sues Spammer

Re: New York Sues Spammer
Posted by: Teri Robinson 2002-05-29 13:54:43
See Full Story

New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer has taken aim at the growing amount of spam
plaguing New York consumers by filing suit against online marketing company MonsterHut
and two of its executives. The suit accuses the company of misrepresenting its e-mail
marketing service as an opt-in offering. According to the suit, those claims are patently
false because MonsterHut's e-mail lists are only partially opt-in and are filled with
names of people who have never solicited information from the company.

Re: New York Sues Spammer
Posted by: pastorbob 2003-10-07 09:34:53 In reply to: Teri Robinson
I think all this legal garbage about spam is a waist and is meant to protect big businesses who can afford to do snail-mailing. The little guy can't. I get over 300 spams a day - yes it's annoying - but it can be deleted. What should be outlawed is unsolicited pop-ups. Now those are annoying and you need - in many cases - to purchase special software to keep them from annoying you. Which one is worse? One that I can just delete or pop-ups that cost me money in software to stop - I say leave the little business people alone - so long as they are honest and will remove your name if requested! They won't go after the big guys who pay big money for the annoying pop-ups because these are the same people who line their political pocket. It's more a trade issue than a consumer one! STOP THE POP-UPS!
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.