Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Is the Best Shopping Deal Really Online?

Re: Is the Best Shopping Deal Really Online?
Posted by: Keith Regan 2002-05-10 11:26:27
See Full Story

When Amazon.com executives said earlier this year that they planned to build their
business by lowering prices whenever possible, the statement raised more than a few
eyebrows. "All of our research shows that consumers are most interested in convenience,
not price," GartnerG2 research director David Schehr told the E-Commerce Times. Shoppers
do still expect bargains online, but fast delivery and a wide selection are more
important factors, he said.

Posted by: mikerigg 2002-05-10 12:41:07 In reply to: Keith Regan
Bargains still abound online.
Example: I buy DVDs online. A glance at a site like www.bargainflix.com will point me to several bargains each day.

Posted by: herewegoagain 2002-05-10 13:13:09 In reply to: mikerigg
I buy a lot online and am just about tired of it. After factoring in shipping and the frustration that comes with waiting for my goods to show up, I'm not sure it's worth it. Besides, I have successfully used online advertisements as bargaining tools in-store many times. Most times getting the exact same price w/o shipping or waiting. Also worked great when buying my last truck. I saved a ton of feddy w/o having to deal with the online hassles.

Posted by: workinghard 2002-05-10 15:58:04 In reply to: herewegoagain
I am happy to wait if it avoids standing in line in some store.

Posted by: shalu 2002-05-13 04:56:28 In reply to: workinghard
Online shopping is good but for some accessories. We can select items acc. to our choice, price. But one problem always the customer faces is about security. On the net there is only one payment option, by card, and you have to enter your card number. And there are no assurances of security.
But what i feel is that online shopping is best shopping. In less time and with very less effort we can get the thing that we want.
thanks.
shalu
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.