A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Biting the B2B Merger Bullet

Re: Biting the B2B Merger Bullet
Posted by: Lou Hirsh 2002-04-24 01:21:35
See Full Story

E-commerce mergers and acquisitions may not grab much attention, but experts say the
B2B sector could see its share of consolidation in the coming months. Experts predict
that a still-tough economy could spur some big players to give themselves an edge by
acquiring the service capabilities of smaller, financially struggling niche providers.
"Given the state of the overall financial situation in the space, there's a lot at risk,"
Gartner vice president Larry Perlstein told the E-Commerce Times.

Re: Biting the B2B Merger Bullet
Posted by: shahrulmiza 2002-04-24 02:01:44 In reply to: Lou Hirsh
My opinion is, there were too many B2B e-marketplaces in the Internet. Which one is good, which one is more efficient, which one has more global reach, which one has bigger business community, which one is focused on SMEs, which one has online transaction features... all these and many more questions should be addressed. Merging B2B portals will make the size bigger, wider community and more value-added services. Seems too idealistic, but we have to give it a try...
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.