A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick Amazon Compliance Guide
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Amazon Sells More, Loses Less

Re: Amazon Sells More, Loses Less
Posted by: Teri Robinson 2002-04-23 23:53:29
See Full Story

Amazon.com finished the first quarter of 2002 with a net loss of $23 million, but both
the company and Wall Street seemed to view that outcome as a good one. Indeed, the
first-quarter loss is an improvement over the same period last year, when the e-tailer
reported a net loss of $234 million, spawning dire predictions about its fate and
questions about the feasibility of its business model.

Jenson noted. "lower prices for customers"
Posted by: alangrus 2002-04-24 16:14:59 In reply to: Teri Robinson
When Amazon charges a music producer a whopping 55% commission to retail a product, how does that result in lower prices? It's exactly the opposite. The producer has to raise their selling price a lot to make up for the exorbitant fees Amazon charges.
Want to pass along lower prices, Amazon? Lower that nasty 55% commission.
- Alan Gruskoff
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.