A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: GartnerG2: Postal Rate Hike Will Drive E-Billing

Re: GartnerG2: Postal Rate Hike Will Drive E-Billing
Posted by: Elaine X. Grant 2002-04-13 22:25:37
See Full Story

This week, the U.S. Postal Service made it official: The cost of a first-class stamp will
rise from 34 cents to 37 cents on June 30th. The rate hike will accelerate companies'
moves toward electronic billing, according to GartnerG2 analyst Kenneth Kerr. However,
Forrester Research analyst Ron Shevlin told the E-Commerce Times, the increase is unlikely
to change consumers' opinion and will have "little effect at best" on the number of people
choosing to pay bills online.

Re: GartnerG2: Postal Rate Hike Will Drive E-Billing
Posted by: russjaz 2002-04-17 14:29:51 In reply to: Elaine X. Grant
Online and saving money? You Bet! I recently called the Peppermill Motel in Reno for reservations. I was looking at their website when the Rep. answered. I asked about a Friday and Saturday rate. The least expensive was $119 and $139, respectively. I said, "well on your website the rates are $49 &59". He told me that if I ordered online, the rates are much lower. It pays to check online for a lot of things. I will continue to use online banking for bills, because I refuse to pay the postage.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition