A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Devious Traps of Web Comparison Shopping

Re: The Devious Traps of Web Comparison Shopping
Posted by: Lou Hirsh 2002-04-12 19:00:00
See Full Story

Experts have a message for undecided shoppers who think a single comparison Web site will
give them all the information they need to choose from among a dizzying array of options:
Keep looking. Because of comparison sites' various agendas -- not to mention wide
variations in their ability to deliver on promises -- "there's really no such thing as
one-stop comparison shopping," GartnerG2 research director Geri Spieler told the
E-Commerce Times.

Shoppers looking for something more
Posted by: tracypagenz 2002-04-12 19:31:17 In reply to: Lou Hirsh
I believe that shoppers are looking for more than just a comparison of price and are often overwhelmed with information. My company developed about 5 years ago a service that allows customers to see a selection of gifts on a single page based on their own shopping criteria, ie what they want to spend, what countries they want to shop in and the hobbies and interests of their gift recipients. I believe that Internet shoppers are a lot smarter and a lot more discerning than the average site gives them credit for. Personal service and tailored information without bias is I believe far more beneficial
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.