Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: 4-1-9 Fraud Reaches Out via E-Mail

Re: 4-1-9 Fraud Reaches Out via E-Mail
Posted by: Stanley A. Miller II 2002-03-20 17:58:21
See Full Story

There is an e-mail spam scam sleazing around the Internet, and although the indecent
proposal might appear ludicrous, it's cost some people more than money, including one
American's life. The scheme is called the "Nigerian Advance Fee Fraud" or "4-1-9" fraud,
named after the section of the Nigerian penal code dealing with fraud. It's one of the
most dangerous Internet scams ever, and it's growing in popularity, experts say.

Posted by: ucheabagbodi 2002-03-20 18:13:08 In reply to: Stanley A. Miller II
I am always glad to read that a fool and his money are soon parted. The fact that this crime is perpetuated from my country is also proof that we the supposed fool can also take advantage of "smart" westerners. As you can justify sending arms, pollute my environment, support despots and pontificate about democracy when it suits your interest in my country. The more we shall continue this financial terror, against you, that intended to take advantage of mine society.

Posted by: workinghard 2002-03-20 18:57:35 In reply to: ucheabagbodi
Where I come from those are considered fighting words. Your comments are foolish, but I have noticed that foolishness and poverty are unfortunately tied together. Maybe Nigeria will one day be able to increase its prosperity and bring itself up in the world. Or maybe angry, bitter rapscallions like yourself will wallow in pity and prevent that from happening.
Jump to:
What is your opinion of technology's place in the world?
Technology could be used to solve most of the world's problems if properly applied.
Technology creates more problems than it solves.
Some technologies are inherently good, and some are inherently evil.
I accept technology's risks in order to enjoy its benefits.
I'd like to go back in time to an era when technology was far less prevalent.
I'd like to go forward in time to a more technologically advanced era.