A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Microsoft, Bank One Ink Online Services Pact

Re: Microsoft, Bank One Ink Online Services Pact
Posted by: Nora Macaluso 2001-12-14 16:14:32
See Full Story

Microsoft and Bank One announced a wide-ranging alliance to promote and develop online
services. As part of the agreement, Bank One plans to use a variety of Microsoft
offerings, including the nascent .NET technology. The pact focuses largely on marketing
tie-ins and providing online services to U.S.-based consumers and small-to-mid-sized
businesses.

Posted by: ideas @ larrimar.com 2002-04-23 00:02:17 In reply to: Nora Macaluso
From a Web Developer's point of view, and having developed web applications in the .NET framework, I believe Bank One is moving in the right direction. I'm a follower of Microsoft internet technologies and I believe what the .NET has to offer for any business is a tremendous advantage. Given all features available in this new and advanced technology (security, web services, etc, etc), I'm sure Bank One services will improve a lot. Also, a huge %age of the developer market are developing in the .NET framework, therefore a variety of new technological concepts are immediately available for Bank One.

Posted by: Dustin 2001-12-26 21:49:17 In reply to: Nora Macaluso
I already have started making arrangements to close my accounts with Bank One. I don't trust Microsoft's .Net, and I believe this will spell disaster for both Bank One and Microsoft.

Plus, I'm happier with my new Credit Union's online banking site. My Credit Union's online site is much faster and doesn't have Microsoft's look and feel to it as Bank One slowly redesigns their online site to match Microsoft's look and feel. I'm not impressed with Bank One's sluggish speed and timeouts as I browse my account on Bank One.

Posted by: Stephen 2001-12-14 16:16:17 In reply to: Nora Macaluso
Microsoft, .Net strategy and banking together. I don't think so.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition