Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Internet Auctioneer Settles Late-Deliveries Case with U.S.

Re: Internet Auctioneer Settles Late-Deliveries Case with U.S.
Posted by: Lori Enos 2001-11-28 23:33:29
See Full Story

Online auctioneer Computers By Us agreed to settle federal charges that its business
practices violated on-time delivery laws, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
announced Thursday.

According to the regulatory agency, Computers By Us and its owners violated the 1975 Mail
Order Rule by failing to deliver merchandise as promised and failing to honor refund
requests. The Mail Order Rule requires vendors to notify customers in advance if they will
be unable to deliver a product within 30 days, and to give consumers the option of
canceling their order and receiving a full refund.

Posted by: upsetcustomer 2001-11-28 23:43:30 In reply to: Lori Enos
I for one do not agree with the court's ruling. These people stole our money and now they just walk away as if they are sorry. They still owe me and I want my money.....with interest!

Posted by: Rebecca 2001-12-07 16:22:00 In reply to: upsetcustomer
These people took over $500 that I worked my butt off to earn, and they are getting less than a slap on the wrist!!! I've finally saved up enough money to buy a computer from a real company, and it took me TWO YEARS to do it, after the Wesko's STOLE my money. I can't believe this. Hey Weskos, if you have any conscience at all, email me and I'll tell you where to send the refund check, with interest.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video