Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Understanding the IP Policy Changes Coming to Amazon Sellers

Re: Understanding the IP Policy Changes Coming to Amazon Sellers
Posted by: Eric Karich 2020-04-28 23:22:19
See Full Story

Amazon is keenly interested in protecting the intellectual property rights of its third-party sellers because the company depends upon them for their long-term success. In a recent newsletter to shareholders, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos explained that third-party sellers currently make up a majority of the site's gross merchandise sales, with the share of revenue from third-party sellers having grown from just 3 percent in 1999 to 58 percent today. However, Amazon has been struggling to protect its sellers from IP infringement.

Re: Understanding the IP Policy Changes Coming to Amazon Sellers
Posted by: RobertLance 2020-04-28 23:28:24 In reply to: Eric Karich
It is not just the IP address that Amazon is tracking. It is a combination of email address, bank or credit card info, social security number or ETIN, and IP address.

Maybe the best solution will be to get into the witness protection program and get a whole new identity.
Jump to:
How important is the availability of curbside service when you consider a physical store to do your shopping?
Critically Important - I will not shop at an establishment that does not provide curbside service.
Quite Important - During the pandemic I prefer not to go inside a physical location. Still, I will consider a business that does not offer curbside service.
Somewhat Important - I like a curbside option, but itís not part of my decision-making process when I choose where to shop.
Not Important - I do not use curbside pickup. When I go out to shop I want to select everything myself.
Women in Tech