Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Women in Tech
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: New Windows 7 Bug a Real Turnoff

Re: New Windows 7 Bug a Real Turnoff
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2020-02-11 07:39:15
See Full Story

For the second time since Windows 7 reached the end of support, a bug is causing trouble for users still clinging to the OS. The first bug, related to setting a wallpaper image, turned desktops black. This new bug prevents Windows 7 users from shutting down or rebooting their computers. Microsoft's Windows 7 support now is limited to eligible paid plans. Only commercial customers paying for extended support get fixes for Windows 7 problems. However, the company relented last month and released a patch to fix the black screen issue.

Re: New Windows 7 Bug a Real Turnoff
Posted by: jymm 2020-02-25 03:15:20 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
Forced obsolescence? Seems MS wants you to move on, soon,
Jump to:
How important is the availability of curbside service when you consider a physical store to do your shopping?
Critically Important - I will not shop at an establishment that does not provide curbside service.
Quite Important - During the pandemic I prefer not to go inside a physical location. Still, I will consider a business that does not offer curbside service.
Somewhat Important - I like a curbside option, but itís not part of my decision-making process when I choose where to shop.
Not Important - I do not use curbside pickup. When I go out to shop I want to select everything myself.