The Agile Health Plan: How to Build, Launch, and Maintain Successful Digital Transformations » Download the Guide
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Women in Tech
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Google Cracks Down on Tech-Support Scams

Re: Google Cracks Down on Tech-Support Scams
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2018-09-07 09:38:33
See Full Story

Google has announced new steps to combat the placement of fraudulent tech support ads on its platform. The company will roll out a verification program in the next few months to ensure that only legitimate third-party tech support providers can place Google ads. There are many legitimate tech support providers that offer local or regional services, or affordable support for out-of-warranty products, Google pointed out. Its goal is to separate those providers from bad actors. However, enforcement actions are challenging.

Re: Google Cracks Down on Tech-Support Scams
Posted by: Condor2Fly 2018-09-07 09:42:14 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Okay, so you're recommending readers to use "ad blocking software"? Could you recommend two to three of the most effective ad-blocking software programs? Do you know any that block Google AdWords?
Jump to:
What is your opinion of technology's place in the world?
Technology could be used to solve most of the world's problems if properly applied.
Technology creates more problems than it solves.
Some technologies are inherently good, and some are inherently evil.
I accept technology's risks in order to enjoy its benefits.
I'd like to go back in time to an era when technology was far less prevalent.
I'd like to go forward in time to a more technologically advanced era.