Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Netflix Shares Fall as Subscriber Growth Hits a Wall

Re: Netflix Shares Fall as Subscriber Growth Hits a Wall
Posted by: David Jones 2016-07-21 22:32:55
See Full Story

Shares of Netflix fell sharply Tuesday after it reported lower-than-expected Q2 earnings, which the company blamed on subscriber growth that fell short of forecasts. Netflix added 1.7 million subscribers in the quarter, pushing its total membership to more than 83 million, the company told shareholders. However, that growth was far less than the 2.5 million it had projected. "We are growing, but not as fast as we would like or have been," reads the letter. "Disrupting a big market can be bumpy, but the opportunity ahead is as big as ever."

Re: Netflix Shares Fall as Subscriber Growth Hits a Wall
Posted by: jassi 2016-07-21 22:35:03 In reply to: David Jones
The competitors of Netflix have gone out of control, because this industry is getting more popular. It is good that Netflix has some exclusive shows but I guess that's not enough. I can find movies in some other channels with less subscription price.
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.