Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Ballmer Points Out Error of Microsoft's Ways

Re: Ballmer Points Out Error of Microsoft's Ways
Posted by: Quinten Plummer 2015-12-05 23:32:43
See Full Story

Former CEO Steve Ballmer on Wednesday called out Microsoft on finance reporting and its app strategy for Windows Phone. CEO Satya Nadella this summer laid out his vision for the company in an open letter to employees. It included a Windows 10 strategy founded on universal apps, software that could be scaled to Xbox One, Window Phones, tablets and desktops. That's the wrong way to go -- Windows Phone needs to support Android apps, Ballmer asserted during Microsoft's annual shareholder's meeting.

Re: Ballmer Points Out Error of Microsoft's Ways
Posted by: HiHo 2015-12-05 23:36:24 In reply to: Quinten Plummer
ONe of the reasons that I won't touch Micro$lop phones is that I want to be together in apps with my friends and family.

I don't need an all or nothing strategy that makes money for M$ and screws me.

So I have an android phone and am now using Linux Ubuntu on one of my laptops to learn it to get away from Windows. So far so good.
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.
Women in Tech