Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Dell, EMC Merger Creates Storage Behemoth

Re: Dell, EMC Merger Creates Storage Behemoth
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2015-10-12 20:53:39
See Full Story

Dell on Monday announced it would acquire EMC in a deal valued at $67 billion, maintaining VMware as a publicly traded company. EMC shareholders will get $24.05 per share in cash, as well as 0.111 shares of new tracking stock per share of EMC linked to the company's economic interest in the VMware business. EMC owns 80 percent of VMware. VMware share prices fell following the announcement. There's speculation that VMware users are getting a raw deal, as VMware sales are expected to grow strongly. However, that may not necessarily be the case.

Re: Dell, EMC Merger Creates Storage Behemoth
Posted by: flared0ne 2015-10-26 10:27:04 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Every conversation about "the Cloud" begs the question about high-altitude electromagnetic pulse risk-mitigation. I suspect that if Dell-EMC were to publibly pursue options to simplify hardening their technology, they (we) would benefit.
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.