Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Intel Gives Google Glass a Big Break

Re: Intel Gives Google Glass a Big Break
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2014-12-01 16:32:18
See Full Story

Google reportedly has teamed up with Intel to target the corporate market with its Glass eyewear, and it will use an Intel processor in the next iteration of the device instead of the Texas Instruments chip it now uses. The partnership makes sense, given that Glass has failed to make much headway in the consumer market. "It's a major coup for Google to get Intel, and this bodes well for them," said Ronald Gruia, a research director at Frost & Sullivan. Intel reportedly will promote Glass to hospital networks, manufacturers and other companies.

Re: Intel Gives Google Glass a Big Break
Posted by: RainyDayInterns 2014-12-01 16:47:53 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
People who have read "The Innovator's Dilemma" by Clayton Christensen would have recognized Google's mis-step immediately.

It is the same reason why we advised Lytros (light-field camera maker) to not go after the consumer market with their initial product.

If you are thinking about disruptive tech and its effect on the market...take a look here first to learn from others who have already made the avoidable mistakes:
http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2013/Home/January/Week4/RDMHomeJan2113.htm#DisruptiveTech
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads