Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Apple's 'Get' Puts Paid to Free-App Sham

Re: Apple's 'Get' Puts Paid to Free-App Sham
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2014-11-24 13:29:27
See Full Story

Apple has removed the word "free" from download buttons in its iOS and OS X app stores, replacing it with "get." European regulators recommended the action to Apple and Google earlier this year. In July, Google removed the "free" label from games that could be downloaded without cost -- but required in-app purchases to access a full set of features. In-app purchasing in so-called free software has been a target of regulators in the United States and Europe this year.

Posted by: Sveti 2014-12-29 13:59:36 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
Finding the right keywords to use in your app title, keyword spot, screenshots and description is the key to increase your app's visibility.

Posted by: DaODDBall 2014-11-24 17:09:23 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
So when I ask my wife to get me a sandwich, I shouldn't have to pay that retail price?
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.