Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: AT&T: We Told Our Customers 'Unlimited' Doesn't Mean 'Unlimited'

Re: AT&T: We Told Our Customers 'Unlimited' Doesn't Mean 'Unlimited'
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2014-10-29 15:38:40
See Full Story

The Federal Trade Commission on Tuesday filed a complaint in a California federal against AT&T, seeking compensation for customers who were told they had unlimited data plans but in reality did not. The legal action stemmed from a practice AT&T began in 2011 of throttling data delivery to customers with unlimited data plans when their data usage reached a specified amount during a billing period. At times, data speeds were choked when users had consumed as little as 2 gigabytes of data, the FTC complaint states.

Put Federal Compliance Rules in fine print at 3 pt and call it the "Company Friendly" plan. Within the print, charge companies 10 billion dollars every time they knowingly mislead consumers like how AT&T, Verizon and many others are doing. Then, when these companies try to sue, simply state "we were very clear from the beginning." (read the fine print). Problem solved.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads