Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Netflix Drives Into a Ditch

Re: Netflix Drives Into a Ditch
Posted by: Peter Suciu 2014-10-17 19:07:05
See Full Story

Netflix stock closed Friday at $357, up slightly from the depths it plummeted to earlier this week. Shares fell almost 25 percent in premarket trading on Thursday -- more than $110 a share -- to $338. The plunge followed news of weak subscriber growth in its third quarter. Netflix reported $1.2 billion in Q3 revenue, which was up 38 percent from the same period a year prior. The net income of $59 million also was slightly above expectations. However, subscriptions for the third quarter were lower than previously expected.

Posted by: mdavidf 2014-10-22 20:12:12 In reply to: Peter Suciu
Netflix stock has ALWAYS been way over-priced. The uptick in monthly cost for new subscribers has little to nothing to do with the drop in price. People aren't signing up for Netflix because it sucks! Hardly any premium movies and series are far behind in many cases.

Posted by: psiclone 2014-11-10 16:02:10 In reply to: mdavidf
I have Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, AppleTV, Netflix, Google Play, Vudu, and Chromcast. Of all of them, the one I would keep above all else is Netflix. Sure their stuff could be updated more often, but that's driven more by studios and providers who want their own service, which is why I just listed a ton of different ones. Netflix is the ONLY one I don't have to worry about getting jacked up with overly high pricing, super crappy library offerings, spotty streaming, and/or ads all over the place.

Posted by: XAVlER 2014-10-17 19:19:29 In reply to: Peter Suciu
Two words to reed hastings of netflix.
"Stargate Universe"

If you want to increase revenue here is your chance.
I would be a netflix lifer if netflix took on a 3rd season installment of SGU. Right now i'm just squatting and torrenting my media.

This is a perfect opportunity for netflix to pickup all the under 40 somethings who would subscribe to its streaming service and even DVD/BR service.

Well reed there you go.

Now have at it and take my money!
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads