ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: HP Does the Splits

Re: HP Does the Splits
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2014-10-09 07:09:58
See Full Story

HP on Monday announced plans to separate its major business lines into two separate companies. One, HP Inc., will offer PCs and printers; the other, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, will focus on IT infrastructure, software and services. HP CEO Meg Whitman will be the president and CEO of HP Enterprise, which will be chaired by Patricia Russo. Don Weisler, EVP of HP's printing & personal systems division, will be the president and CEO of HP Inc., and Whitman will be the non-executive chairman of its board.

Re: HP Does the Splits
Posted by: jescott418 2014-10-09 07:14:10 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
This leaves me perplexed more then the Dell privatization. Other then a excuse to jettison employee's to save money. I don't see any advantage product wise by splitting the two. I agree with the analysts who say HP is grasping at straws and have been for some time. Yes, they do need to shrink as in product line in PC's and printers and also focus on Enterprise. But why this could not be done as one unit is a big question.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads