Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: How Microsoft, Lenovo and Clickfree Damage Their Collective Brand Experience

See Full Story

What is a collective brand experience, and why is it so important for companies to understand and manage it correctly? It can't be ignored, because it will grow on its own and in harmful ways. However, most don't even understand the concept and are shooting themselves in the foot on a daily basis. Companies understand the brand. Even so, only some do a good job at building, nurturing and protecting their own brand. A collective brand experience goes beyond that. It can either build or break a brand.

This has been an age old problem . Let's add to the original issue of compatibility. From the factory, everything tests ok. Then after the products ship, each company issues automatic software or firmware updates, fixes. Now the incompatibilities begin. So now you call for customer service and each vendor blames the other. That's not all...now we have outsourced agents in India who are clueless how the 3 products work together. You get some doubletalk and no solution. You can hear them flipping through pages to find an answer which is not on the written page. These support agents are not local, had nothing to do with the design and creation of the products and a poorly trained. They do not take ownership of the problem. The only safe move is turn off all automatic updates, never allow changes to your system or products and it will work for a while. Need I say more?
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads