Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Apple's YOY Sales Sag

Re: Apple's YOY Sales Sag
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2014-01-07 16:20:18
See Full Story

Apple's month-to-month smartphone sales appear healthy, according to data covering September to November 2013, released Tuesday by Kantar Worldpanel ComTech. However, the bigger picture is less encouraging. Year-over-year figures indicate Apple is at best treading water, with its share having declined in most major markets. Apple now claims 69.1 percent of the market in Japan, 43.1 percent in the United States, 35 percent in Australia and 30.6 percent in Great Britain.

Re: Apple's YOY Sales Sag
Posted by: Bill_Twyman 2014-01-07 16:27:14 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Windows Phone is now the third largest OS across Europe with 10 percent -- more than double its share compared with last year," Sunnebo said.

Windows Phone is not duplicating that success elsewhere, however. Progress remains slow in the U.S. and China, where it has market shares of 4.7 percent and 2.7 percent, respectively.

But Apple is in trouble.

Really?
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.