Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Can the Wireless Industry Change Its Mindset Before It's Too Late?

See Full Story

We have a problem. We don't have enough wireless spectrum to satisfy America's rapidly growing appetite. That means we'll increasingly have problems connecting with our smartphones and tablets. This spectrum shortage means we must decide the best way to use what we do have. So now is the time to draw a line in the sand and do what we must do -- prepare to share spectrum. Wireless carriers like AT&T and Verizon know about the growing problem. That's why they have spent years trying to acquire as much spectrum as they can get their hands on, but they still don't have enough.

Re: Can the Wireless Industry Change Its Mindset Before It's Too Late?
Posted by: megankrow 2013-09-04 12:58:58 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
the industry is going so rapidly fast that you might be right with your point...

Re: Can the Wireless Industry Change Its Mindset Before It's Too Late?
Posted by: gallojr 2013-08-14 04:11:45 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
Sprint added 160MHz of wireless spectrum to their 46MHz (close). So don't even bring S into this sad story. You stated that Verizon and AT&T, are in better shape that the others. Wrong... Sprint has more than enough Spectrum. If you add Vz and T's Spectrum together it would not reach what Sprint has. This is why Sprint can make this Unbelievable Offer. "Unlimited Plans For Life"... The next big improvement are the new Chips... these, quantum leap darlings, will offer Unbelievably picture quality at unreal Speeds.. Video calls, yea sure...and you want to download this movie, and Split Screen too. want more data?...
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in