Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Grabbing the Mobile App Brass Ring

Re: Grabbing the Mobile App Brass Ring
Posted by: Heather Way 2013-03-30 21:49:00
See Full Story

By the end of 2012, 60 percent of U.S. broadband households owned at least one app-enabled consumer electronic device. With connected device ownership at mainstream levels, there is a solid foundation for app development and rapid growth in app economies. Of the primary devices used to access apps, smartphones have the highest penetration rates. Since 2010, however, newer app platforms such as tablets and smart TVs have experienced notable growth. Tablet adoption increased 208 percent from 2011 to 2012, and smart-TV penetration took off in 2011, increasing by 42 percent over 2010.

Re: Grabbing the Mobile App Brass Ring
Posted by: Breeny 2013-03-30 21:53:41 In reply to: Heather Way
Excellent article. A couple points. First, your comments regarding monetization largely ignore the fact that plenty of developers - myself included - do well for themselves not selling apps, but monetizing them with mobile ads (Thank you tapjoy and airpush!)... Secondly, Android has huge momentum over iOS right now. As you all reported a few weeks ago, Android phones reached a significant milestone during the fourth quarter of 2012. They drove more mobile advertising impressions than iPhones during a quarter, for the first time ever. There's no shortage of monetization opportunities out there for developers today, particularly those focusing on Android.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in