Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: E-Commerce Carts That Are Ready for a World of Shopping

Re: E-Commerce Carts That Are Ready for a World of Shopping
Posted by: Vivian Wagner 2013-03-22 06:37:11
See Full Story

Shoe shoppers from Antigua to the United Kingdom, when visiting the Jildor Shoes website, can click a link for the "International Website" on the homepage and enter their country and currency. Immediately, the prices, shipping costs, duty fees and taxes for every pair of boots, pumps, and slippers on the site adjust automatically. From the sales pages to the shopping cart, the site essentially becomes customized for that shopper's country. It's all part of making international e-commerce seamless, streamlined and easy.

Posted by: Treepodia 2013-03-26 15:46:34 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
This is an interesting approach. Does the language of the page adapt as well? What the other commenter said rings true but each company has their own strategy. And "just changing the currency" is a big step forward from ignoring other nationalities.

Posted by: transpacificsoftware 2013-03-22 07:02:41 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
As per our experience making a ecommerce site for international buyers is a myth. Pricing simply doesn’t work. Shipping costs Custom/local tax currency conversion costs make purchase unviable.
Then there are lot of issues with custom laws and import formalities.
We have been developing ecommerce portals world wide . Rather than Globalizing; the trend is towards making it localized . The ecommerce sites should concentrate on penetrating into local market rather than international market
The websites like jildorshoes.com simply detect the ip country and do currency conversions. Nothing more than that.
Prashant Telang www.transpacific-software.com
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.