Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Revolution Is Over, and M-Commerce Is Here to Stay

Re: The Revolution Is Over, and M-Commerce Is Here to Stay
Posted by: Stephen Pierzchala 2013-03-16 06:48:51
See Full Story

In case you missed it, 2012 -- the so-called "year of mobile" -- came and went pretty quickly. Now we simply live in a mobile world. E-commerce is moving to mobile devices more and more, and that trend is not likely to stop anytime soon. U.S. retail mobile commerce sales will grow from $13.63 billion in 2011 to $86.86 billion by 2016 -- increasing from 7 percent to 24 percent of all retail e-commerce, according to eMarketer. To capitalize on the mobile commerce opportunity, businesses and marketers must deliver exceptionally fast and reliable experiences on mobile devices.

Posted by: Bruceand6 2013-04-16 04:04:37 In reply to: Stephen Pierzchala
Good article . A well thought out mobile strategy is key to growth in an ever changing retail sector. I read this whitepaper on retail that readers maybe interested in, it talks about strategies for retailers to increase sales in a downward economy "Thinking about tomorrow: Post-recession strategies for retailers" @ http://bit.ly/10XoIQa

Posted by: raphael_shopgate 2013-03-25 01:24:22 In reply to: Stephen Pierzchala
I agree with your article about M-Commerce is here to stay. Studies demonstrated that user expect mobile optimized websites (i.a. Google Inc. study 2012)
If you donít have a mobile optimized web presence smartphone user will leave your website very fast and without any action.
You should use only small pictures with a low resolution for faster loading your website via mobile devices.
Much better than a mobile optimized website is a native app it is more consumerfriendly, easy to scroll and zoom.
There are 6 important points for a native app: 1. Usability 2. Utility value (Name advantages for user they downloaded your app( e.g.: coupons) 3. Price (Free Apps have more downloads than apps with costs) 4. Technical Conditions (Keep in mind that not everyone will have the newest smartphone) 5. Rating App in App Store (Apps with good ratings have more downloads than apps with bad ratings) 6. Actualitiy (Update your app regulary)

Shopgate makes mobile possible, we offer mobile optimized websites and native apps for online shops. We enable online shops to be avaible on mobile devices and take advantage of that.
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.