Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: 2013: The Shape of Cloud Computing to Come

Re: 2013: The Shape of Cloud Computing to Come
Posted by: Jeffrey M. Kaplan 2012-12-14 14:17:47
See Full Story

SaaS has become an accepted alternative to traditional on-premises enterprise applications, and a broader set of cloud services is becoming a viable option for businesses seeking more flexible, economical computing capabilities. Adoption of these services is accelerating rapidly, because they are delivering tangible, measurable business benefits that clearly demonstrate their value. It's a no-brainer that the cloud movement will continue to grow exponentially. So, my predictions for 2013 will focus on how the cloud marketplace will be reshaped.

Re: 2013: The Shape of Cloud Computing to Come
Posted by: thomasrobinson 2013-02-25 04:31:09 In reply to: Jeffrey M. Kaplan
Jeffrey, firstly I Want to give you thanks for your entire write up, you have discussed it very beautifully and smartly.

Personally, I think cloud computing is a cost management tool. It helps you to reduce total cost of ownership (TOC) and helps to concentrate on more effective business strategies. Also, the technology is helping to keep safe your business data, although few cloud experts say, cloud computing is not 100% secured. But, as I am small business owner, I think cloud helps me to lead a peaceful life (kidding). Before using the technology, I was scared about my business …how to keep data? How to save it from my competitors? Shall I invest more money for keeping the data? How will I manage the entire business? If you are in small business, then all things are not possible to manage by yourself. My cloud computing service provider helps me a lot of thing about my problems.

Well...Cloud computing is growing dramatically. The most recent market forecasts for cloud computing are predicting huge development in the industry, reaching $270 billion by the year 2020, as much as 30%.

I want to share a piece of topic, hopefully it will help you to think about your business strategy http://talkcloudcomputing.com/lowering-total-cost-of-ownership-a-healthy-business-strategy/
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in