Expanding into new global markets? Get your complete cross border checklist.
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Advergaming Enters the I-Marketing Olympics

Re: Advergaming Enters the I-Marketing Olympics
Posted by: Charlyn Keating Chisholm 2001-09-21 07:04:55
See Full Story

Let's face it. Pop-up ads are annoying. Spam is illegal. Offline advertising is so, well,
non-interactive. In response, major U.S. advertisers are, one by one, discovering a new
approach to Internet marketing. If your spellchecker is not already saturated with buzz
words coined in the Internet era, it's time to add this new term: advergaming.

Advergaming combines
advertising campaigns with high-tech online game playing to create an entertaining,
engaging message.

Posted by: anakcerdas 2003-10-20 08:09:58 In reply to: Charlyn Keating Chisholm
There's another addition for advergaming. One always thinks that advergaming is used in internet environment only. However, you can use advergaming also for promoting brands in offline activities, such as exhibitions or venues.

Posted by: Mark Ripley 2001-09-21 07:09:24 In reply to: Charlyn Keating Chisholm
Hi, my name is Mark Ripley, CEO of Friendly Giants. We have been developing the best content in this field for five years, yet we have never, ever, come across a client (including some of those named in your article) which has a budget anywhere near a tenth of the budgets quoted in your article.

If you could supply the contact details of these clients I'd be delighted to prove you right :o)

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Ripley
Chief Executive
Friendly Giants Ltd
Tel.+44 1625 576075
Fax.+44 1625 560950
www.friendlygiants.com

Jump to:
Which most influences your decision to accept a LinkedIn invite from a stranger?
Groups or interests we have in common
Personal message they included with the invitation
Relevance of their industry or experience to my own
Size of their network and/or how many connections we have in common
Thoroughness and credibility of their LinkedIn profile
All of the above -- I am meticulous about whom I allow in my network
None of the above -- I accept all LinkedIn invites