Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Is Facebook Flatlining?

Re: Is Facebook Flatlining?
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2012-06-23 16:10:12
See Full Story

2012 is not shaping up to be a good year for Facebook. There was its disaster of an IPO, of course. Also, a number of reports have been turning out that illustrate one or another of Facebook's weaknesses. The latest is from comScore, which reported Facebook's U.S. user numbers for May. Compared to its traffic in the previous two months, the site appears to have flatlined in terms of growth. In May, Facebook attracted 158.01 million unique visitors in the U.S. It posted nearly identical traffic for April and March -- 158.69 million and 158.93 million, respectively.

Re: Is Facebook Flatlining?
Posted by: digiprintchristmas 2012-06-25 12:27:32 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I was astonished by the valuation given to FaceBook and would not be at all surprised if if fails to deliver financially. It is a great site that people love but they are online to catchup with friends/chat etc but not shop or search. Google's business model is much better....
Jump to:
Which type of digital advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Ads based on my interests
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
Audio ads
Email ads from sources I've authorized to contact me
Informational articles on products/services
Social media ads
Straightforward banner ads
Video ads