Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Is Keynesian Economics Relevant Today?

Re: Is Keynesian Economics Relevant Today?
Posted by: Theodore F. di Stefano 2012-06-21 09:15:19
See Full Story

How many of us still remember John Maynard Keynes? Keynes, also called "1st Baron Keynes," was a British Economist who lived from 1883 to 1946. He has had a profound influence upon macroeconomics, including the economic policies of various governments. Keynes believed in applying monetary and fiscal policies to lessen the deleterious effects of both recessions and depressions. Keynes went against the classicists of his time who believed that the free markets provided the answer for economic prosperity, even in times of recession.

Re: Is Keynesian Economics Relevant Today?
Posted by: BrutusBuckeyes 2012-06-21 19:25:36 In reply to: Theodore F. di Stefano
Nice Keynesian revisionist history of the depression... The better model would be Austrian economics which would get rid of the keynesian created bubbles and depression/recessions that follow the bubble bursts.
Jump to:
Which type of digital advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Ads based on my interests
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
Audio ads
Email ads from sources I've authorized to contact me
Informational articles on products/services
Social media ads
Straightforward banner ads
Video ads