Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Galaxy S III's Wild Pre-Sale Numbers: Should Apple Start Sweating?

See Full Story

Samsung overtook Nokia to become the world's top cellular phone maker earlier this year, shipping more than 92 million handsets in the first quarter. The company's Galaxy S II smartphone had stellar sales, reaching 20 million. The third time might be more than the charm -- it could be big on an intergalactic scale, with some 9 million pre-orders reportedly placed for the upcoming Galaxy S III, which will debut in Europe on May 29. Those pre-sale numbers do raise a couple of questions, however -- not the least of which is whether they will translate into actual sales.

Re: Galaxy S III's Wild Pre-Sale Numbers: Should Apple Start Sweating?
Posted by: lazzland 2012-05-19 12:16:43 In reply to: Peter Suciu
As much as I love Samsung's TV's, I remain leary of this electronic company. Quality control has been an issue resulting in a surplus of refurbished Samsung products.
Whether Samsung can compete with Apple remains to be seen. I, for one, would not join the bandwagon to purchase one of the company's newly launched products.
Jump to: