Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Google Digs Up Old Direct-Sales Nexus Strategy

Re: Google Digs Up Old Direct-Sales Nexus Strategy
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2012-05-17 01:38:43
See Full Story

Two years after its initial attempt to sell Nexus smartphones directly to consumers flopped, Google is apparently trying to revive the strategy. This time, though, it's added a few new touches. It's going to work with up to five device manufacturers at a time to create a portfolio of Nexus-line devices that include smartphones and tablets, and it will sell direct both through its website and possibly through some retailers, according to a report.

Re: Google Digs Up Old Direct-Sales Nexus Strategy
Posted by: ricegf61 2012-05-17 04:35:54 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I bought my wife a Google Nexus for Mother's Day (at the new $399 price), and she loves it. T-Mobile has been very supportive of our penchant for buying 3rd party phones - the local store helped her enable 4G on her Nexus, and their phone support even helped me resolve a configuration issue with my beloved-if-aging Nokia N900 a couple of years ago.

Plus, our non-contract data plan plus phones cost less over 2 years that the contract price with "free" phones.

It's a better way to do mobile.
Jump to:
Which in-person activity do you most want to resume when the pandemic is over?
Attend my place of worship
Frequent bars, clubs or restaurants
Gather with family or friends
Go to entertainment or sporting events
Join colleagues at work or business events
Participate in group athletics or exercise
Return to my school
Take my children to their school
Travel
Visit my health practitioners