A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: How Industry Analysts View the Changing Tech Marketplace

Re: How Industry Analysts View the Changing Tech Marketplace
Posted by: Jeff Kagan 2012-04-21 04:05:42
See Full Story

Just like 10 years ago, and then again five years ago, the technology industry is changing. That means companies are enjoying new opportunities and wrestling with new challenges. Only some will win. I'll offer my perspective as an analyst on who is winning, who is losing and why. I believe you will find this column both interesting and valuable. Let me explain my angle on this industry. I have been an analyst for more than 25 years. I am also a consultant for many different companies that want me both to watch and understand them, as well as help them understand the changing marketplace.

Posted by: megankrow 2012-04-25 12:56:48 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
boy am i glad that someone is echoing these words. you are sooo right you have no idea. and still people are under the assumption that everything will continue being just fine lol. thanks for making my day. you speak on fact not fiction.

Posted by: JasmineB 2012-04-21 04:23:27 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
Ceiling of complexity is best explained as the stage in a business where a company has reached its maturation and saturation level after reaching its peak performance. It is not only necessary to break the ceiling of complexity but also gracefully survive it with a good ROI. As the competitors gain competitive edge over the services, they have captured the market share of leading companies like Nokia and RIM in the wireless space. These companies may now be facing the ceiling of complexity. The answer to this is simplicity and probably expert consultants. Building simplicity in the processes, communication and feedback can help these companies start in the right direction
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition