Instantly delete email threats for Office 365 » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Yahoo Lops Off a Limb

Re: Yahoo Lops Off a Limb
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2012-04-05 10:21:32
See Full Story

Rumors that Yahoo was prepping for a huge round of layoffs have turned out to be true. On Wednesday, the company announced it would lay off 2,000 employees under a plan designed to prepare it for the future. Scott Thompson, the company's recently appointed CEO, said Yahoo's larger goal was to focus on its core competency of online advertising -- and it was the pursuit of that goal that required the company to eliminate so many positions. Even though the news was leaked last month, the reaction to the announcement was, in many quarters, scathingly critical.

Posted by: megankrow 2012-05-22 11:56:53 In reply to: Erika Morphy
you write : Yahoo Lops Off a Limb
you should add and is on crutches @ the moment skiing a slippery slope!

yahoo has missed the boat time and time again
only a little time left before yahoo and aol meet at the same nursing home!

Posted by: khdetw 2012-04-05 10:24:24 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Sounds like yahoo employees need to be polishing their resumes. I only keep my yahoo account open to forward mail to gmail. Can't imagine any other use for yahoo.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.