Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: FCC Action Zaps Robocalls

Re: FCC Action Zaps Robocalls
Posted by: Rachelle Dragani 2012-02-16 12:48:51
See Full Story

The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has put in place tougher restrictions regarding prerecorded telemarketing calls, aka "robocalls." In a 3-0 vote, the commissioners agreed on four ways to limit the automated marketing calls, which often irritate users of residential and cellphone lines. The FCC ruled that telemarketers will have to receive written consent from a consumer prior to placing a robocall. The commission noted that some consumers may want to give consent to receive certain automated calls, such as ones regarding school closings or flight delays.

Re: FCC Action Zaps Robocalls
Posted by: megankrow 2012-05-01 11:13:20 In reply to: Rachelle Dragani
perhaps!
someone can explain to me why in the world havent the calls stopped
why do they still keep calling?

what is the FCC going to do

This will go nowhere . . .
Posted by: farmerbob 2012-02-16 12:52:43 In reply to: Rachelle Dragani
Both the FTC and FCC are hobbled creatures with no power to do anything. Just a lot of talk.

I'll believe this working when I stop getting many calls a day that they are suppose to stop. I was on the DNCL before it was official and to this day it has done nothing to stop calls.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.