Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Tech Trends in 2012: What's Hot, What's Not?

Re: Tech Trends in 2012: What's Hot, What's Not?
Posted by: Jeff Kagan 2011-12-22 05:45:59
See Full Story

My Pick of the Week is a brand new category of computers called "ultrabooks." Think of Apple's thin MacBook Air -- but on Windows. These are a hit with Apple users, so there is no reason they shouldn't be just as popular with the Windows crowd, as long as they run well. I have not used them yet, but from what I have seen, they have a full-size keyboard but are light and thin -- very easy to carry around. Personally, I had a problem with the little netbooks. The screens and keyboards were small and uncomfortable. These ultrabooks seem like just the right mix of portability, power and usability.

Ironic
Posted by: Coldquin 2011-12-26 17:20:01 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
I find it very ironic how a consumer report can highlight AT&T's coverage, and signal woes, and at the same time, it can congratulate a whole sale buyer of the same network, see Tracfone take honors :)In fact, tracfone's SVC (senior value cellphone brand) phones, makes almost exclusive use of AT&T's netwrok infrastructure, and if ever there is a harsh, and critical demographic, then it's the senior market...maybe that's why tracfone is the only national prepaid wirless provider to the aged.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video
Women in Tech