Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Tech Companies in 2012: Who's Hot, Who's Not?

Re: Tech Companies in 2012: Who's Hot, Who's Not?
Posted by: Jeff Kagan 2011-12-15 10:16:47
See Full Story

Over the last 25 years, I have had a ball as a tech analyst following who is hot and who is not and what is next. There was plenty to follow in 2011. What about 2012? It may be even busier with winners and losers. At the end of every year, I look around the industry and try to call the winners and losers and predict what is coming next. An example: A few short years ago, when RIM's BlackBerry was still hot, I predicted in a speech that the company was heading for trouble. After my speech, I was taken aside by several people who thought I was nuts. But today we all see the problems RIM is having.

Ironic
Posted by: Coldquin 2011-12-16 03:49:01 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
I find it very ironic how a consumer report can highlight AT&T's coverage, and signal woes, and at the same time, it can congratulate a wholesale buyer of the same network, see Tracfone take honors :) In fact, tracfone's SVC (senior value cellphone brand) phones, makes almost exclusive use of AT&T's network infrastructure, and if ever there is a harsh, and critical demographic, then it's the senior market...maybe that's why tracfone is the only national prepaid wirless provider to the aged.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video
Women in Tech