Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Netflix CEO Apologizes to Customers, Then Drops Another Bomb

Re: Netflix CEO Apologizes to Customers, Then Drops Another Bomb
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2011-09-19 19:22:12
See Full Story

"I messed up. I owe everyone an explanation." Thus begins a blog post by Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix, announcing a new change to the company -- a change that is almost guaranteed to further irritate an already angry and frustrated customer base. The change, in a nutshell, is this: In addition to charging separate fees for its streaming and DVD-rental services, Netflix is formalizing the separation of the two businesses. The DVD-rental service is now a separate subsidiary called "Qwikster." The name "Netflix" will be used for the streaming operation.

Netflix ne Quixter???
Posted by: akcoyote 2011-09-21 23:36:15 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Did someone spike Netflix's coffee?

I have been a very satisfied customer and evangelist of Netflix for years.

The pricing change was probably inevitable given the evolution of the industry and the need to devise a new business model in response, but the implementation was beyond absurd. Idiotic comes to mind.

But the 'splitting' of the two services into separate databases requiring customers to 'belong' to each makes the price change seem like pure genius in comparison!!!

Where in marketing class did they suggest making it more difficult for prospects to buy and use your products was a good idea?

Guess I was absent that day and it wasn't on the quiz.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in