Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Magic of QR Codes

Re: The Magic of QR Codes
Posted by: Vivian Wagner 2011-09-07 05:53:16
See Full Story

You might have seen them without knowing what they are: little black and white boxes with squiggles and lines in the corner of a magazine advertisement, on a band's poster in a coffeeshop, or even on a T-shirt. Those things, called "QR codes," or "quick response codes," are part of a whole new way of connecting with consumers via their smartphones.
"QR Codes have been around for quite some time in other parts of the world, but they are catching on in the States for a few reasons," said Patrick Donnelly, a mobile solutions architect for 2ergo.com.

QR Codes Finally Go Global!
Posted by: SusanBry 2011-09-08 04:11:09 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
Your article is absolutely right; the main issue with QR Codes is usability - this doesn't only mean people not knowing how to scan the codes but also ensuring that the website they direct people to when scanned is fully optimized for mobile viewing.

What's really interesting is the opportunity these QR Codes have for connections - people meeting in the real world connecting in the online world.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in