Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Me-Shopping: Design Your Own Products

Re: Me-Shopping: Design Your Own Products
Posted by: Vivian Wagner 2011-08-16 17:39:12
See Full Story

Visual product configuration software is increasingly allowing consumers to design their own products, from shoes to tattoos, before purchasing them. The ability to design-before-you-buy gives consumers a sense of power and independence -- and it's also just a lot of fun. "People enjoy the build process itself," said Ryan Clark, a sales manager for Big Shot Bikes, which allows customers to create their own customized bicycles online. "People love tinkering around on our site."

Customizing Products
Posted by: jumaakhalfan 2011-12-22 04:16:42 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
I Believe it is a great idea because people nowadays like to customize their products according to their tastes and choices. It will be a big advantage for E-business owner to adopt this idea.

Great Article!
Posted by: cmagar 2011-08-16 17:44:20 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
Well done! This article is a great addition to those that report on the growing trend of mass customization. I love that it points out that people not only customize because they want the product to be a certain way, but also because it's actually *fun*. That's an important driver when you have to wait due to on demand production.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video